Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Weekly Workshops and Retreats
Learn Hatha Yoga at Shiva Yoga Peeth in Rishikesh, India
Hatha Yoga is the most ancient and holistic system for physical, mental and spiritual well-being in the world. This system includes lifestyle practices to help an individual understand his or her identity and relation to the world. It is a complete lifestyle system that includes exercises, breathing practices, diet and meditation.
Yoga exercises (asanas) form a preliminary part of the yoga system that help a person achieve a healthy and fit body to subsequently help the individual to focus on other higher branches of the yoga system such as meditation and self realization.
Practicing Hatha Yoga is associated with establishing harmony, equanimity and balance. Hatha Yoga, (“Ha”- sun, “tha”-moon) is what is most commonly practiced and this yoga involves the path of the mind and body and is the most physical. Hatha Yoga teaches guidelines and values to follow, and practices for purification for the body, mind and spirit. It is the exercise of discipline and the practice of purification. The spiritual tradition of Hatha yoga training has been passed down from generation to generation. Hatha Yoga is basically a way of life which enables one to conserve energy and coordinate the power of body, mind, consciousness, which keeps the body healthy and the mind relaxed.
Benefits of Hatha Yoga
Benefits of Hatha yoga :
- A flexible body can be gained through asanas
- Increased awareness throughout oneself
- Prevention of common stomach ailments and other diseases
- Purifies the nadis
- Meditation and body purification create a cheerful face
- Breathing practices bring a sense of well being
- Control over the mind through all of the above
- Disciplined way of life
- Live a lifestyle based on principles and ethics
Hatha Yoga Asanas Sample List
Other important components to Hatha Yoga:
- Shatkarmas – Purification Techniques
- Asana – Postures
- Pranayama – Breathing Techniques
- Cakras – Centers of Subtle Energy
- Kundalini – Highest Form of Energy
- Nadis – Channels